Certification for the Assessment of Ductus Venosus (DV)
Ductus Venosus certification is now available for Australian operators who are licensed to perform the Nuchal Translucency scan and the assessment of the fetal Nasal Bone.
Below are the requirements for Ductus Venosus (DV) Certification:
- Operators must be certified in Australia to perform the 11–14 weeks first trimester Nuchal Translucency scan.
- Operators must be certified in Australia to assess the fetal Nasal Bone.
- Operators must be licensed and participating in audit of the Nuchal Translucency (NT) scan and assessment of images annually.
- At the time of application, an operator must be meeting audit standard.
- Completion of the Ductus Venosus (DV) Online Learning Program- elearning.nuchaltrans.edu.au Submission of the certificate you can save on finishing the course must be emailed with 3 electronic logbook images
- Submission of an electronic logbook containing 3 images showing correct assessment of ductus venosus flow
- Images should be from 3 independent fetuses at 11–13 weeks gestation and should represent the Operators most recent work (see below )
- Operators are required to participate in the audit requirements for re-certification of DV by submitting 1 image with their annual audit demonstrating correct assessment of ductus venosus flow. This image must be labelled DV or in a PowerPoint file DV with the operator ID
- A one-off fee of $A108.00 (inclusive of GST) to cover the costs for Assessors and administration is charged for initial DV certification. Payment is made through the online payment portal, see link below.
Logbook images must be submitted within 1 year of completion of the DV Online Learning Program. Please note that if you completed the course over 1 year ago and still have not submitted your logbook images for assessment, you will need to complete it again. All operators who have completed the DV Online Learning Program previously must contact the NT program via email to request their login details be reset. This will ensure their certificate saves with the most recent date.
See the link below for the criteria and scoring method that will be used in the assessment of DV images.
To make a submission for DV images for certification:
- Completion of the DV Online Learning Program and submission of certificate upon finishing
- Submit 3 images as specified in the image submission requirements (see below). Electronic submission of images is mandatory, the program will not accept images in paper format
- Payment via the online form here.